Brand New/Never Used/Original Packaging
Slot.it Professional Pinion Extractor/Press Tool
The Slot.it extractor/press is the perfect companion for the slot car enthusiast. It presses and removes pinions. Now in its 3rd release, it works for shaft of 1.5mm and 2mm diameter, pinions from 4.5 to 7mm, and when used together the SISP30 spare part it allows pinion pressing without removing the motor from the car, on Slot.it and most other maker's cars, either sidewinder or anglewinder cars.
- Main body (1): Entirely made in plastic and designed to work with electrical motor for slot cars, from the most common short can to the more sophisticated, double long transmission shaft 4WD motors.
- Counter bushing (6): Made of brass which must be screwed onto the lower inside part of the main body, before using the tool.
- This bushing performs two very important functions:
- Center the double shaft motor perfectly by means of the axle housing hole.
- Keep all those motors that are not equipped with the double shaft centered and, at the same time, safeguard the inner bushing of those 'long can' motors motor that do not have an axle stub protruding from the can.
- Special steel extraction plate (5): Fitting in the relevant housing in the main body (1) to extract pinions. It's very resistant and comes with a very thin eyelet to be inserted between the motor and the pinion: only 0.7 mm. This allows safe extraction for those pinions located very close to the motor case without causing any damage.
- Multi-function brass tool (2): Which, depending on the operation to be performed, must be inserted in the main body with the plug (steel, interchangeable, Ø1.9mm in order not to damage the pinion hole) downwards, in case of the extractor, or the pinion housing downwards, in case of the press. The pinion housing for this element were designed to house pinions with a diameter ranging from 5.5mm to 7.5mm without damaging them.
- Steel plug (3): The tool comes with two steel interchangeable pins, of 1.4mm and 1.9nn diameter, for pinions with 1.5 and 2mm hole, secured to the brass tool by means of an M3 grub screw (4)
- Advancement screw (7): Whose upper part comes with an ergonomic plastic knob (8), while the lower part is designed to couple perfectly with the tool's bevel, to reduce friction and to allow the press to operate perpendicularly without play.