SICA09I Slot.it Porsche 956 KH Kyalami 1000 km 1983 Gunston, #14 1:32 Slot CarSlot.it
Brand New/Never Used/Original Packaging
SICA09I Slot.it Porsche 956 KH Kyalami 1000 km 1983 Gunston, #14
The Porsche 956 and later 962 models could be assembled with two different rear wing configurations: “low downforce”, used mostly in Le Mans where the 6.5 km Hunaudières straight required a very low drag at the expense of downforce, and “high downforce”, for twistier circuits. Regardless of the configuration, Porsche 956 and 962 cars were the cars to beat in any Group C competition in the early 80’s. This car, driven by Gerard Berger and Walter Brun, raced the 1000 km of Hockenheim, which was part of the 1985 FIA World Endurance Championship.
- Driven by: Jan Lammers (NL)/Jonathan Palmer (GB); listed, never drove: Henri Toivonen (FIN), Richard Lloyd (GB)
- Car: Porsche 956 #106 - Porsche Type 935/76 F6 4v DOHC 2649 cc 2xKKK K26
- Entrant: Team Gunston (GB)
- Event: Castrol 1000 Kyalami/Kyalami 1000 Kilometres
- Date: 10.12.1983
- Track: Kyalami (ZA), 4.104 kms
- Distance: 1000 kilometres
- Attendance: 30000
- Result: 5th (19 laps behind the winner)
- Grid: 5th (1:14.130)
- Sponsors: GUNSTON
- Tires: Dunlop
- Tan and orange in color
- The car comes directly from Slot.It with their high performance balanced 21,500 rpm motor, .5mm offset motor pod, tempered rear axle, high performance set screw crown gear with brass pinion on the motor shaft, aluminum wheels with sets screws in the rear, (1) neodymium magnet, brass axle bushings for the rear axle and competition braid.
- The car includes an M2 allen wrench for use on the wheels and crown gear under the base of the car.
- The cars are highly detailed and beautifully finished.