Brand New/Never Used/Original Packaging
23958 Carrera Digital 124 Ford GT 40 MKII, #6 1:24 Slot Car
Long-distance icon from Detroit
The bright blue Ford GT 40 bearing the number 6 is now known for its role in the film of the famous 24-hour long-distance race in northern France. It was part of the American fleet sent over to keep the dominant Ferraris in check. The Italian Mario Andretti and the Belgian Lucien Bianchi sat at the wheel of the ‘Holman & Moody’ team Ford. Sadly, they weren’t able to finish the race as one of the Ford’s cylinders overheated.
Carrera Digital 124 Slot Cars
Each car is fitted with replaceable double contact brushes for maximum contact with the slot car track while downforce magnets make for quick cornering and great handling. Carrera digital cars are real head-turners with high-quality tampo-printing over detailed molds designed to faithfully replicate the original car. Working front headlights and rear brake lights add to the stunning look and even the interior and the driver inside looks just as good as the exterior! This Carrera Digital 124 Car in 1:24 scale will work on all Carrera Digital 124 slot car tracks.
- Driven by: Lucien Bianchi (B)/Mario Andretti (USA); listed, never drove: Paul Hawkins (AUS), Richie Ginther (USA), A. J. Foyt (USA), Masten Gregory (USA)
- Car: Ford Mk II #1031 - Ford 427 V8/90° OHV 6982 cc N/A
- Entrant: Holman & Moody (USA)
- Event: 24 Heures du Mans / Le Mans 24 Hours
- Date: 19.6.1966
- Track: Circuit de la Sarthe, Le Mans (F), 13.461 kms
- Distance: 24 hours
- Attendance: 350000
- Result: did not finish (Head gasket)
- Grid: 12th (3:36.300)
- Tires: Firestone
- Sponsors: Ford
- Dark blue in color, #6.
- Operating headlights and taillights.
- High impact body and the variable neodymium magnet.
- Includes a neodymium magnet and an extra set of pick-up brushes.
- Not Recommended to use on the 2/30 High Bank Curve (3/30 High Bank and wider is okay)
Carrera Digital 1/24 benefits at a glance:
- Lane changes and overtaking at the touch of a button
- Up to 4 vehicles on a track at the same time
- Depending on the driver’s ability and skill, the speed can individually adjusted with up to 10 levels
- Simple vehicle coding using the manual control unit
- Perfect sliding and drifting
- Predominantly with front and rear lighting
- Carrera's Digital 132/124 cars can also be run on Analog (or Evolution and Exclusiv) tracks