Brand New/Never Used/Original Packaging
23956 Carrera Digital 124 Ford Capri Zakspeed Turbo Jürgen Hamelmann-Team, #4 1:24 Slot Car
An extraordinarily unforgettable paintjob
In the 1970s the Ford Capri Zakspeed Turbo guaranteed admiring stares everywhere it raced. Produced in Detroit, the racing car was marvelled at by spectators and enthusiasts for its technical body kit and its progressive livery designs. The symmetrical yellow, green and black check pattern turns every head at circuit-side. In 1981, German racing driver Jürgen Hamelmann chalked up his greatest motor racing successes in this Ford Capri Zakspeed Turbo. The lubricant manufacturer ‘Pentosin’ also helped to sponsor the Jürgen Hamelmann team car, investing in the looks of this stunning vehicle and integrating their logo into the overall graphic design. In the season in question Hamelmann finished third five times and fourth on four occasions, bagging a total of 100 points. Without doubt, the livery design helped to etch the car in collective memories.
Carrera Digital 124 Slot Cars
Each car is fitted with replaceable double contact brushes for maximum contact with the slot car track while downforce magnets make for quick cornering and great handling. Carrera digital cars are real head-turners with high-quality tampo-printing over detailed molds designed to faithfully replicate the original car. Working front headlights and rear brake lights add to the stunning look and even the interior and the driver inside looks just as good as the exterior! This Carrera Digital 124 Car in 1:24 scale will work on all Carrera Digital 124 slot car tracks.
- Driven by: Jürgen Hamelmann (D)
- Car: Ford Capri Turbo III #002/79 (Zakspeed) - Ford Cosworth BDA/Zakspeed L4 4v DOHC 1427 cc 2xKKK
- Entrant: Jürgen-Hamelmann-Team (D)
- Event: 9. Internationales ADAC-Bavaria-Rennen Salzburging / DRM Salzburgring
- Date: 12.7.1981
- Track: Salzburging (A), 4.241 kms
- Distance: 25 laps
- Attendance: 50000
- Result: 3rd in race Div.II (1m05s940 behind the winner)
- Grid: 4th in Div.II race (1:17.690)
- Tires: Goodyear
- Sponsors: PENTOSIN
- Yellow, black, and green in color, #4.
- Operating headlights and taillights.
- High impact body and the variable neodymium magnet.
- Includes a neodymium magnet and an extra set of pick-up brushes.
- Not Recommended to use on the 2/30 High Bank Curve (3/30 High Bank and wider is okay)
Carrera Digital 1/24 benefits at a glance:
- Lane changes and overtaking at the touch of a button
- Up to 4 vehicles on a track at the same time
- Depending on the driver’s ability and skill, the speed can individually adjusted with up to 10 levels
- Simple vehicle coding using the manual control unit
- Perfect sliding and drifting
- Predominantly with front and rear lighting
- Carrera's Digital 132/124 cars can also be run on Analog (or Evolution and Exclusiv) tracks