Brand New/Never Used/Original Packaging
132097/16M Le Mans Miniatures Bugatti Type 59 Grand Prix ACF 1934 Robert Benoist, #16 1:32 Slot Car
- This is the latest release of what many believe to be one of the most detailed slot car models of all time, the Le Mans Miniatures pre-war Bugatti type 59 Grand Prix car.
- This version is the #16 car as raced by Robert Benoit that he drove to 4th place in the 1934 French GP held at Montlhery circuit just outside Paris. An instantly collectable classic.
The 1934 French Grand Prix took place on July 1 and marked Mercedes-Benz's return to Grand Prix racing after 20 years, with an all-new car, team, management, and drivers, led by Alfred Neubauer.
Seventeen cars were entered by 5 factory teams including Scuderia Ferrari which entered 3 Alfa Romeos, 4 were non-runners.
The body is the racing version of the T59 (without the riveted edge in the middle) but with a tonneau cover on the passenger side. The straps that hold the front cover are black and there is a border around the digits of the number 16. The blades of the gas caps at the rear of the driver are smaller and the caps are higher.
Only four cars finished the race, including the 3 Alfas on the podium and Robert Benoist's #16 Bugatti T59.
- 1/32 scale slot car
- Light blue in color, #16
- High detail, paint finish and engineering
- Limited edition hand built resin slot car models
- Many metal cast and etched parts that lift the level of detail
- 5 degree negative front wheel camber like the original
- The wheels are mounted on separate brass bearings
- Presentation box